Gables Smile Offers the Latest in Cosmetic and Medical Dentistry
A Leading Practice with an Amazing Team
A Smile is the First Feature That is Noticed on Your Face.
Dental crowns, also called caps, fit over worn or damaged teeth. They can also serve a cosmetic purpose, restoring a discolored tooth to its former hue. Our natural tooth is translucent in color and these crowns are the only ones with such translucency. Today all ceramic Zirconia or full porcelain crowns are considered the most beautiful crown that a tooth can get.
If one or more of your teeth are chipped, cracked or decayed, a dental crown could be a smart solution for you. Crowns can also be beneficial for patients with old fillings that need replacement.
A crown is a prosthetic positioned over a tooth to create a smoother look and enhance strength and durability. When a tooth is cracked, has an old filling, or is severely decayed, the placement of a crown is often recommended. Ceramic, Zirconia or full porcelain crowns are the most discrete types of crowns as they match the translucency of our natural teeth. Crowns strengthen and protect the remaining tooth structure and can improve the appearance of your smile.
Advantages of these crowns:
- Transparent and true to nature and aesthetically appealing
- No allergic reactions and highly bio-compatible and reduced sensitivity
- Alignment and form correction is possible
- Ideally suitable for patients who have reduced space inside their mouth and are looking for that natural looking tooth
- In some cases, PFM (Porcelain Fused to Metal) is required for back molars to properly chew and protect tooth while preventing any cracking.
For more detailed information, please call or come in for a complimentary consultation.